What’s in Your Spray Bottle
My spray bottle is one of my most valuable tools in my hair regimen. I often keep a stock of empty bottles on hand just to keep different mixes in. Sure, I could use just plain ole water but what’s the fun in that? Instead I mix a few spay concoctions, each with a different effect, to help me style and maintain my curls.
Super 3 Prep Spray
This spray utilizes, what I call, the Super 3 — Tea Tree, Basil and Rosemary essential oils. I use this to prep my hair prior to applying my DIY Mud Wash or any Deep Conditioning treatments. Almond Oil penetrates the hair shaft and works to loosen the build up while Tea Tree, Basil and Rosemary unclogs pores, stimulates scalp circulation and helps to promote hair growth.
Use this spray while styling for stronger, hydrated, longer locs. My Growth Elixir helps to stimulate blood flow to the root, supports and nurtures the hair follicles and tames that feeling of an itchy scalp which can often be the result of styling aids (like Castor Oil). Note: That tingly scalp feeling is the peppermint oil doing it’s job. Don’t be alarmed, it’s suppose to do that.
Itch Relief Spray
Perfect for braids, locs and protective styles, this spray is great for getting rid of that itchy, flaky, dry scalp feeling between washes. The soothing, gentle feeling of aloe vera juice is great for itchy, irritated, inflamed follicles and scalps. Jojoba Oil works overtime to loosen and dissolve hardened build-up, Chamomile Oil helps to sooth your irritated nerves while Lavender Oil attacks the “itch” and helps to keep dandruff at bay. NOTE: If Chamomile Oil is too expensive, you can add brewed, (cooled) Chamomile tea instead. Simply omit the Chamomile Oil from the recipe and fill the water portion with half Chamomile tea.
Mix It Tips
- I use the power of my eyeballs to mix these sprays and you should too.
- To keep a lid on being heavy-handed with the essential oils (which can be expensive), using you empty spray bottle, add your essential oils first. This will help you gauge how much is added.
- Most itchy scalp problems are due to dryness. Notice we’re filling the majority of the bottle with distilled or purified water. This is because water is moisture and it will help to get rid of that dry, irritating feeling.
- Lastly, top your bottle off with nourishing oils. Keep in mind that your hair (probably) already has oil in it so try to use more liquids than oils in your mix. If you feel your hair is too oily, simply remove the oil from the recipe.
- Keep your Aloe Vera Juice sprays in the fridge to keep them fresh. If the cold bothers you, fill up a deep bowl with warm water and sit the spray bottle in the pool for 5-10 minutes.
60 Notes/ Hide
- 1800proof likes this
- greyskiesarehidden likes this
- xxsugarbumxx likes this
- lostgirlblue reblogged this from thecurlmanual and added:
- grazeuponmybootytabi likes this
- anxious-dog likes this
- sunkissed-winterglow reblogged this from pretty-dirty-mind
- mrslenadenise reblogged this from thecurlmanual and added:
- lovesilentfury likes this
- lovilovelle likes this
- justanitaxx likes this
- augustusfuckin-sinclairson likes this
- crazyhairdaze reblogged this from thecurlmanual
- elibethcrawford likes this
- charles-xxxavier likes this
- inquisitivebibliophile likes this
- juliiiiii3 reblogged this from thecurlmanual
- maeoda likes this
- livinginthelostage likes this
- riplilsaint likes this
- atomandeverything likes this
- mushb00m reblogged this from thecurlmanual
- 4inchesdeep likes this
- mz-hunni reblogged this from thecurlmanual and added:
- mz-hunni likes this
- jojobiird likes this
- candylox likes this
- mignonmalachite likes this
- sljreb10 likes this
- itsmemelb89 likes this
- roxyjayy likes this
- the-luscious-curlbombs reblogged this from thecurlmanual
- afroasianpersuasion reblogged this from thecurlmanual
- ssflagg likes this
- mrssmith14 reblogged this from thecurlmanual
- mrssmith14 likes this
- mushb00m likes this
- moodychan likes this
- cupcakesriots likes this
- stephpoet likes this
- sonochk likes this
- pretttiimonroe likes this
- flawedcreatures reblogged this from thecurlmanual
- differentkindof-buzzz reblogged this from thecurlmanual
- salobe246 reblogged this from thecurlmanual and added:
- salobe246 likes this
- mirahonthewall reblogged this from thecurlmanual
- missbetty65 reblogged this from thecurlmanual
- missbetty65 likes this